Yoga & Mindfulness 101
Bringing yoga and mindfulness to children
starts with YOU!
We often hear from the Kids Yoga Stories community members that they don’t know HOW to get started with introducing yoga and mindfulness to children.
It actually starts with YOU!
Would you have guessed that? That’s okay. Most people dive in and want to quickly bring yoga and mindfulness to children because they know how beneficial it can be for their learning, development, health, and wellness.
However, we have found that the fastest and easiest way to bring yoga and mindfulness to children is to have a solid practice of your own. Not only will you have a better sense of what works and a whole host of tools and strategies to draw upon but you will be calm, cool, and collected—essentially, a role model for your kids!
When you are self-regulated, you’re better able to teach, demonstrate, and provide tools to help others self-regulate. When you are calm and grounded, students see an example of what that looks like in the real world and can emulate.
When you are managing stress with ease and grace by using breathing exercises, mindfulness practices, or movement, children come to realize that these tools are available to them, as well. You don’t need to run off to an ashram or take a five-hundred-hour yoga teacher training to learn the basics of bringing yoga and mindfulness to your life.
Giselle Shardlow, founder of Kids Yoga Stories, will walk you through the four steps to get started:
Step One: How to get yourself calm and ready
Step Two: What yoga and mindfulness is (and is not) and why we practice
Step Three: How to practice yoga and mindfulness activities
Step Four: How to make yoga and mindfulness a daily habit
In this introductory course, you will:
- Discover your own strategies, practices, and self-care rituals to help you self-regulate. This includes a variety of calming exercises that you can easily incorporate into your life daily—or at a moment’s notice in times of stress.
- Explore what yoga and mindfulness are and what they are not! By having a solid understanding of what yoga and mindfulness really is—including the history and benefits of these practices—you will be able to better incorporate the exercises into your life, introduce them to children and families, and explain the powerful benefits to others.
- Dive in and experience a variety of practices, including yoga postures, meditations, mindfulness activities, and breathing exercises so that you can discover the practices you most enjoy and can easily fit into your busy schedule.
- Learn powerful daily activities and grounding practices to prepare yourself to confidently bring yoga and mindfulness to your students and children.
- Build your very own calendar of yoga and mindfulness exercises that suits your desires, goals, lifestyle, and busy schedule.
This course includes:
- Nineteen videos, including instructional videos, mindfulness and yoga videos, and tips and strategy videos.
- A handy workbook for you to jot your ideas, explore your practices, take notes, and refer back to at a moment’s notice so you’re never without good ideas to keep you grounded.
- A quick, easy-to-understand guide to the scientific benefits of yoga and mindfulness so that you can easily share these with parents, peers, teachers, and administrators especially if you’ve gotten push-back in the past.
- Simple explanation (you can easily share with others) of what yoga and mindfulness are and what they are not so that you’re clear on what you’ll be teaching and sharing with children.
- Several mindfulness and breathing exercises that you can easily incorporate into your life and daily practice to stay calm, focused, and stress-free, even if a regular meditation practice has eluded you in the past.
- Simple yoga poses you can do at home that don’t require you to spend money on expensive props or ninety-minute classes. These poses are meant to easily fit into your life and enable you to rest, rejuvenate, or ground—whatever may be calling to you that day.
If you’ve been wanting to bring yoga and mindfulness to children and didn’t know where to start, then Yoga & Mindfulness 101 is for you!
Not only will you develop your very own self-care, self-compassionate, and self-regulation practice that will help you de-stress while promoting resilience, calm, and self-compassion—but you will be ready to introduce yoga and mindfulness practices to children with confidence and ease!
Are you ready?
Instant access when you purchase today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are some benefits of yoga and mindfulness?
- Eases anxiety, decreases stress, and reduces tension so that you can focus more on the positive aspects of life and lead a happier, healthier, and more purposeful life.
- Reduces anger, depression, and fatigue so that you can better manage the highs and lows of life now and long into the future.
- Increases resilience and coping frequency so that challenges and setbacks don’t derail you from your goals in life.
- Improves coping skills and teaches healthy, productive ways to manage challenging, tension-filled times with ease and grace.
- Enhances focus, attention, concentration, comprehension, and memory so you can better perform the activities you enjoy and be present to your loved ones.
- Provides opportunities for patience, reflection, and self-insight, thereby improving your self-confidence and resilience.
- Increases flexibility, strength, and balance, thereby promoting a healthy body image and creating healthy habits around physical activities.
I’m new to yoga, mindfulness, and meditation. Is this for me?
Absolutely. You don’t need to have had a previous yoga or meditation practice to bring these yoga and mindfulness practices to your life. The resources in this workbook come with detailed instructions and tons of tips, so you will have the confidence to quickly perform the exercises provided. All you need is curiosity and the willingness to learn. You can also simply listen to the daily videos in our course area for guidance, along with relaxing music!
Can I share these resources with friends?
Will I receive anything in the mail?
This is a digital-only product, and you will not receive anything in the mail. We’re able to offer this incredibly low price because it is digital. You get instant access to all these resources to use/print when you’re ready. You can print off what you need when you’re ready to use it or have it on your mobile device or computer to use at a moment’s notice. And you can save a few trees while you’re at!
Is there a guarantee?
Of course! When you take advantage of this special sale today, you have a full thirty days to decide whether or not you want to keep it or return it for a full refund. If, for any reason, you decide this resource is not for you, simply reach out, and my team will provide a full, prompt refund.
How do I access the workbook and videos after purchasing?
After purchasing this product, you will receive two additional emails from our course system that will provide you with your login details.
Alternatively you can access your this course and workbook by following these steps:
1. Click here: https://learn.kidsyogastories.com/users/sign_in
2. Enter the email you signed up with
3. Select "forgot password" if you need to reset your password
You will be able to easily download the Yoga & Mindfulness 101 workbook within the course area.
Purchased this product already? Sign in here:
Graduate-level professional development semester credits/units!
Kids Yoga Stories is excited to offer you accreditation for our trainings through Courses4Teachers, a well -established organization passionate about helping teachers get credit for their training. Through a simple registration process, you will earn graduate-level professional development semester credits/units through the University of the Pacific. These credits are designed for teachers across the USA to gain salary advancement and/or renew credentials. They are transferable across districts nationwide.
All you need is a Certificate of Completion after completing any of the Kids Yoga Stories trainings below, and Courses4Teachers will ensure that your time and efforts are acknowledged.
YOGA AND MINDFULNESS 101: This program requires 30 hours of training. You may register for 2 units/credits.
Register here: https://courses4teachers.net/kids-yoga-stories/
For any questions, please contact Courses4Teachers directly at email@example.com.
We Also Recommend
School Yoga Program (Self-Paced Program)
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: Preschool-2nd PLUS (Workbook + Video Series)
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: 3rd-5th Grade PLUS (Workbook + Video Series)