Raising Resilient Kids Toolkit
According to Merriam-Webster’s Learner’s Dictionary:
Resilience is “the ability to become strong, healthy, or successful again after something bad happens.”
Life is full of unexpected experiences, adversity, and challenges. It is up to us to learn how to respond in a balanced, grounded, and productive way when we’re faced with emotional turbulence.
Imagine being able to stay calm in the face of whatever challenges life brings you. This is a gift we can give children. The gift of learning to self-correct and quickly recover from challenging situations so that they can be socially responsible individuals who can tackle anything that comes their way.
We created this toolkit to help teach children how to discover and hone their resiliency muscle through yoga poses, mindfulness exercises, and contemplation practices.
Through a wide variety of practices and exercises, you will help children build a solid foundation of self-confidence, self-exploration, kindness, and gratitude, along with other tools for building resiliency—tools that they will use now and for many years to come.
Discover new strategies and tools to teach resilience. Raising Resilient Kids Toolkit includes:
- Resilience Yoga Cards for Kids. Explore various practices to cultivate children’s resilience in their thoughts, words, and actions in the hopes of fostering feelings of confidence, optimism, and strength. Eleven illustrated yoga poses, eleven detailed instructions, and eleven corresponding affirmations guide children to build their resiliency muscle through movement and thought. (Value: $9.95)
- Growth Mindset Yoga Cards for Kids. Fresh ways to teach children to love challenges and be curious. Growth mindset is a valuable concept to promote self-esteem and a love of learning, although it can be challenging to teach to young ones that mistakes can be a learning experience. Growth Mindset Yoga Cards for Kids demonstrate these concepts through movement, activities, and color. (Value $9.95)
- Gratitude Yoga Cards for Kids. Embrace finding gratitude in everyday life with these active and inspiring cards. Being thankful for what you have helps counter the effects of more challenging times. Twenty yoga poses are matched with twenty colorful gratitude statements to give children a solid start on developing their very own gratitude practice. (Value: $9.95)
- Mindfulness Cards for Kids. Help the children in your life slow down and be present by practicing these simple and effective mindfulness exercises. Mindfulness is a skill that helps keep you balanced and grounded when times are challenging, and it enables you to bounce back quickly. This deck is divided into four categories to choose from: breath, movement, sensory, and guided imagery. (Value $9.95)
- Be My Best Yoga Cards for Kids. Promote caring, sharing, and being a good human through affirmations and movement. Plus, boost confidence and self-esteem while discovering one’s uniqueness with these twenty yoga poses and corresponding positive statements. (Value $9.95)
- Would You Rather…A Choice Game for Kids. Inspire self-exploration and sharing with these fun and engaging conversation starters. Sixty questions were inspired by the Yamas and Niyamas of yoga and are meant to start conversations about what children hope to draw from their own yoga practices. (Value: $8.95)
- Curiosity Cards for Children. These fun and easy, yet thought-provoking cards encourage children chatting and sharing their opinions and ideas. The sixty questions were inspired by the Yamas and Niyamas of yoga and are meant to start conversations about what is important to children and how they can express their ideas. (Value: $8.95)
- Coloring Pages for Kids: Gratitude & Kindness. Calm the nervous system while tapping in to the practices of gratitude and kindness with these coloring pages. Thirty quotes will brighten your child’s day while encouraging kindness and sparking a gratitude practice. (Value: $8.95)
- Coloring Pages: Positivity & Resilience. Boost positivity and resilience while soothing the mind and body with these coloring pages. These thirty illustrations were inspired by the calming nature of mandalas and feature positivity and resilience quotes meant to motivate your children to reach their goals. (Value: $8.95)
- Kindness Yoga Cards for Kids. In these cards, you’ll explore various practices to cultivate kindness through your thoughts, words, and actions in the hopes of contributing to the happiness and freedom to all in the world. Ten yoga poses (actions), ten corresponding affirmations (words), and a loving kindness meditation (thoughts) are available to explore. (Value: $9.95)
- Yamas & Niyamas Cards for Kids. Help children explore a deeper understanding of themselves and clarify what values and behaviors are important to them with these ten yoga pose cards, ten mantra cards, ten question cards, and ten yoga pose description cards. Explore outward behaviors, including how we behave toward others, as well as, inward behaviors, including how we care for ourselves. (Value: $9.95)
- Chakra Cards for Kids. Help children learn the basic energetics of their growing bodies and minds with the colorful cards. These chakra yoga poses can help them tune in to their own health and wellness and include hip-opening poses, back bends, and inversions. Ultimately, these poses help get the energy flowing throughout their bodies. A deeper understanding of their holistic selves can be part of building a healthy body and more resilient mind. (Value: $9.95)
- Positive Affirmation Cards for Kids. Positive affirmations are a wonderful tool for replacing negative thoughts, so that children can increase their self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-regulation. If they are feeling balanced and steadfast, they are better equipped to manage the ups and downs of life and make good choices in their relationships. This resource offers fifty-five inspiring and colorful positive statements to choose from. (Value: $9.95)
- Animal Allies Cards for Kids. Learn resiliency from our animal friends. Explore this fun and imaginative way for children to connect to the spirit and symbolism of the animal kingdom. Animals can provide powerful messages to humans. By observing their behaviors, habitats, physical traits, habits, and movements, we can learn a lot about them and, ultimately, about ourselves. This resource offers thirty animal allies to explore, plus thought-provoking statement cards for each animal. (Value: $9.95)
- Energizing Yoga Cards. A resilient child starts with a strong body and mind, and these challenging poses will help increase strength and build flexibility. These twenty-four energizing poses build self-confidence and teach children to bounce back after set-backs. (Value: $9.95)
- Resilience Planner: Tips and Calendar. You will be ready to easily bring these exercises to your children and students with this quick-start guide that includes tips and strategies to introduce resilience to children. Plus you’ll receive the first two months of planning done for you with our handy calendar of daily resilience-inspiring activities! (Value: $19.95)
This toolkit will help:
- Build inner strength and learn to stay calm in difficult situations with Resilience Yoga Cards for Kids.
- Foster the belief that abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work with Growth Mindset Cards for Kids.
- Embrace finding gratitude in everyday life with Gratitude Yoga Cards for Kids.
- Learn to be in the present in an ever-changing internal and external landscape with Mindfulness Cards for Kids.
- Boost confidence and self-esteem while discovering one’s uniqueness with Be My Best Yoga Cards for Kids.
- Ask stimulating and thought-provoking questions to encourage connection with Would You Rather…A Choice Game for Kids.
- Get curious with your thoughts and beliefs while exploring choices and interests with Curiosity Cards for Children.
- Calm the nervous system while tapping in to the practices of gratitude and kindness with Coloring Pages for Kids: Gratitude & Kindness.
- Boost positivity and resilience while soothing the mind and body with Coloring Pages: Positivity & Resilience.
- Cultivate kindness though a variety of thoughts, words, and actions with Kindness Yoga Cards for Kids.
- Help develop a deeper understanding of yourself and clarity of what values and behaviors are important to building a healthy life with Yamas & Niyamas Cards for Kids.
- Learn about and tap into the energy systems of the body with Chakra Cards for Kids.
- Discover the power of positive self-talk with Positive Affirmation Cards for Kids.
- Explore symbolism with the help of the animal kingdom with Animal Allies Cards for Kids.
- Get the wiggles out and settle the mind and body with Energizing Yoga Cards.
- Be ready to introduce these exercises to children with two months of daily activities mapped out for you with Resilience Planner: Tips & Calendar.
Ages: 6+, upper elementary school age
Take a Peek Inside:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the benefits of yoga and mindfulness for kids?
Yoga and mindfulness can:
- Reduce anger, depression, and fatigue so that children can better manage the big emotions and low moments of life now and long into the future.
- Ease anxiety, stress, and tension so that children can focus on the positive aspects of life and lead happier lives.
- Improve stress management and teach healthy, productive ways to manage challenging tasks in school and tension-filled times.
- Enhance focus, attention, concentration, comprehension, and memory so children can better perform in school and other activities they enjoy.
- Provide opportunities for patience, reflection, and self-insight, thereby reducing problem behaviors.
- Increase resilience and coping frequency so that challenges and set-backs don’t derail them from their goals in life.
- Increase flexibility, strength, and balance, which in turn, increases self-confidence by promoting a healthy body image and creating healthy habits around physical activities.
I’m new to yoga and/or new to bringing yoga and mindfulness to the classroom. Is this for me?
Absolutely. You don’t have to be a flexible yogi or even have any yoga experience to bring yoga to your classroom. The resources in this bundle come with detailed instructions and teaching tips so you will have the confidence to instruct your children into the poses and exercises. All you need is curiosity and the willingness to learn—great traits to role model for your children. ;)
What ages is this for?
This toolkit is intended for use with children in second through fifth grades, but it can easily be adapted for other age groups, as well.
Is there help organizing how to present this material?
Yes! We provide you with a handy two-month planner that you can use to easily bring this material to your children and students.
Will I receive anything in the mail?
This is a digital-only product, and you will not receive anything in the mail. We’re able to offer this incredibly low price because it is digital. You get instant access to all these resources to use/print when you’re ready. You can print off what you need when you’re ready to use it or have it on your mobile device or computer to use at a moment’s notice. It's that easy!
What’s the teacher’s or parent's role when using this toolkit? Do I need to model the poses myself?
You don’t need to demonstrate the poses if you’re not comfortable doing so. The resources are designed as a wonderful visual tool and can be used, along with the written description, to effectively provide instruction to your children. You can print off the poses and share them as handouts or simply use your computer and projector screen to share the images with the entire class.
Can I share these resources with fellow teachers?
I'm not able to purchase this resource during the sales window because I need more time to request funds from my school. Can you extend the sale a bit longer?
We know that it can take extra time to secure the necessary funds from your school, PTA/PTO, or administration. Please reach out directly ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can work with you to honor the sale price.
How do I download the files?
After you have purchased your Raising Resilient Kids Toolkit, you’ll be sent an email with a link to download a ZIP file. We recommend downloading the ZIP file to your laptop or computer, as it’s difficult to know where smart phones store files. Once you have saved the ZIP file to your computer, you can simply extract all the files to be able to view and print them.
Is there a guarantee?
Of course! When you take advantage of this special sale today, you have a full 30 days to decide whether or not you want to keep it or return it for a full refund. If, for any reason, you decide this toolkit is not for you, simply reach out, and my team will provide a full, prompt refund.
We Also Recommend
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: 3rd-5th Grade (Workbook + Video Series)