Dosha Cards for Grownups
Discover your body type to unlock a happy, healthy life
Translated from Sanskrit, Ayurveda means as “life” (ayur) and “knowing” (veda) or “the knowledge of life.”
It is the sister science of yoga. One aspect of this traditional health system is learning about the three doshas, which identify three distinct body constitutions.
Understanding your dominant dosha type not only leads to a sense of a self-discovery, but also helps you make specific choices about your diet, exercise, yoga practice, and lifestyle that best suit your particular body type.
There are three dosha types based on elements of the earth: Vata (air), Pitta (fire), and Kapha (water).
For each dosha type, you’ll find the following practices within this colorful digital card deck:
- A related yoga sutra to help focus your positive thoughts and use as a guiding star in getting your dosha back to balance.
- Three positive affirmations that you can pin up in your work space as a reminder, write about in your journal, or repeat several times in your mind during the day.
- Three types of questions to ask yourself that you can write about in your journal, talk to your loved one about, or ponder over during your meditation practice.
- A breathing technique to help stabilize your dosha, bring you back to the present moment, and give you a moment to check in with your mind and body.
- Three healing remedies to practice, ultimately adopting as daily or weekly habits for a healthy mind and body.
- A three-pose yoga flow to bring yourself back into your body, allowing you time and space to tune into your needs right now.
BONUS: Dosha Healing Chart
This handy one-page cheat sheet gives you more insight into each of of the doshas and additional recommendations for each one.
We Also Recommend
Breathing Exercise Cards for Kids
Partner Yoga Poses Cards for Kids
Mindfulness Cards for Kids
Chair Yoga Poses for Kids Cards