Would You Rather... ? A Choice Game for Kids
Are you looking for a fun and easy, yet thought-provoking game to go along with your yoga sessions?
These 60 questions were inspired by the Yamas and Niyamas of yoga and are meant to start conversations about what kids hope to draw from their own yoga practices.
This book is for primary school teachers, kids yoga teachers, parents, caregivers, and health and recreation staff looking for fun, simple ways to introduce the concepts of yoga, mindfulness, and meditation to their curriculums, classes, or home lives.
Yoga and mindfulness can have huge benefits for children (and adults), including:
- Increasing focus and attention
- Encouraging mindfulness and the ability to focus on the present moment
- Developing creativity and imagination
- Providing time and space to calm the mind and body
- Allowing an opportunity to chat together in a non-confrontational way
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Helping to boost the ability to think spatially through geometric designs
These questions are designed for children in third through fifth grade, but could be a fun conversation starter for almost any age.
To start: have someone read aloud the “Would You Rather?” question, along with both options, and choose the best answer. Each person could also explain why they choose that answer.