Breathing Well in 5 Minutes a Day (+ Private YouTube Playlist) - SPECIAL
Teaching children how to breathe well at a young age is vitally important.
Especially during these challenging times, breathing can help children to self-regulate, decrease anxiety, ward off stress, improve focus and performance, and create a well-rounded, emotionally and physically healthy individual.
And yes, it CAN be taught… with ease and enjoyment.
This interactive workbook and press-and-play private YouTube video playlist makes bringing these exercise to your students and children super easy.
This 50-page workbook includes:
- 6 weeks of specific breathing exercises focused on the following techniques: mindful breathing, deep belly breathing, extended exhale breathing, and power breathing.
- 30 breathing exercises in total.
- Each breathing exercise has detailed written instructions with colorful images of children demonstrating the exercises.
- Tips for when to practice these exercises.
- Guide to how best use these exercises with children.
- Index with hyperlinks that lead to that day’s breathing exercise.
- 30 breathing exercise press-and-play videos (available on YouTube using a private link) with calming music, nature scenes, and simple verbal directions for ease of engagement.
- Video hyperlinks for each breathing exercise on the daily activity pages so you can easily link directly to the videos, press play, and go.
HOW TO WORK WITH THIS MATERIAL:
You can view these digital resources directly from your laptop, computer, or mobile device. The visuals can also be projected onto a SMART Board or projector screen.
You can find the video links for each breathing exercise on the daily activity pages. The link will take you to the breathing exercise video, which is part of the private video playlist.
You can print single pages of the resources as you need them or all at once. Please note that the files are for your personal use only and are not to be shared with others.
WHO THIS RESOURCE IS FOR:
This breathing exercise resource is for schoolteachers, kids yoga teachers, parents, caregivers, health practitioners, and recreation staff looking for fun, simple ways to add breathing techniques to your daily lives and programs.
Each resource is designed for the lower-elementary curriculum (kindergarten to third grade), but they could be adapted for use with younger or older children.
Sample of a Video (truncated)