Ocean Yoga Lesson Planning Pack
Done-for-you lesson planning for your yoga class or session.
In this handy pack you will receive everything you need to lead a comprehensive kids yoga class, including:
- List of materials needed
- List of materials provided (Ocean Animals Yoga Cards and Maria Explores the Ocean yoga book. See below for details)
- Opening exercise ideas
- Breathing exercise
- Warm-up sequence including 2 complete sequences to choose from with corresponding posters/handouts
- A choice of main lesson suggestions—yoga poses with posters and detailed descriptions, yoga cards (see below), a yoga game, yoga book (see below), and a list of other Ocean book ideas.
- Closing exercise ideas
- A variety of other ideas and suggestions (affirmation, art project, music, guided visualization, character education, and a list of 20 Ocean books to inspire you and your children)
Each session was designed to last between 15-45 minutes, depending on the needs of the children participating.
Age group: 3-8 years old
WHAT'S IN YOUR OCEAN YOGA LESSON PLANNING PACK:
1. OCEAN YOGA LESSON PLAN
This 29-page resources is chock-full of ideas, suggestions, and step-by-step instructions on how to create an engaging and cross-disciplinary yoga session. You will be guided through a 15-45 minute yoga session with plenty of ideas to draw on, including yoga pose sequences, a breathing exercise, a yoga game, a yoga book with corresponding video, additional winter book recommendations, arts and crafts ideas, and more!
2. OCEAN ANIMALS YOGA CARDS FOR KIDS
Learn about ocean animals through basic yoga poses!
Pretend to be a sea urchin, sea turtle, and sea star!
Instantly download these 52 ocean animal yoga cards to learn through movement in your home, classroom, or studio.
Includes an Index Card, Yoga Tips, Pose Instructions, 20 Yoga Pose Cards, and 20 matching Ocean Animal Cards.
3. MARIA EXPLORES THE OCEAN
DIVE IN TO LEARN ABOUT PACIFIC OCEAN ANIMALS THROUGH OCEAN YOGA POSES FOR KIDS!
Join Maria as she explores the ocean with her granddad. Glide like a manta ray, float like a jellyfish, and cruise like a parrotfish.
Learn what's under the water, act out ocean animals, and practice colors!