School Yoga Program
Transform school communities through yoga and mindfulness with this step-by-step course to create a customized yoga program for your classroom or school.
No two schools are alike.
Every school has its challenges and culture, needs and limitations. Only YOU know what these are. Taking a done-for-you, “boxed” yoga and mindfulness program may seem like a good approach (we all want something simple, right?), but these programs are rarely a great fit. And oftentimes, they’re not suitable for the specific needs of a classroom or school.
Your students are unique and you need a program tailored to them!
School Yoga Program was created with this in mind.
This program guides you to create the perfect classroom/school yoga program that fits you, your students, and your school.
You will walk away from this program with a plan in hand and resources to get started right away! PLUS, you’ll have access to support, a community of other like-minded professionals (through our private Facebook group), and resources to give you the confidence to deliver a thoughtfully crafted program to your school community.
This program is based on a strong foundation, which starts with YOU, yet flexible enough to meet students where they’re at and change over time, if needed.
During this self-study program, you will:
- Discover ways to fund your program… even if the costs seem prohibitive, you’re not sure what options are available, or you don’t think your school will contribute.
- Learn tools to get buy-in from hesitant administrators, skeptic teachers, and concerned parents… even if they think yoga is religious, view it as some “wishy-washy, hippy-dippy” practice, or simply value academics above all else.
- Dig deeper to understand what’s culturally relevant for your community, what support you have based on any challenges and special needs, and what may and may not work for your school population... so you can create the very best program for your school.
- Prepare yourself with a variety of engaging exercises and practices that students will enjoy… even if they think yoga and mindfulness is lame and boring or if they’re overly concerned what others might think.
- Engage with the tools and resources to adapt to different age groups and maturity levels so that children find yoga engaging and interesting... so everyone benefits from the mindfulness and yoga lessons, even the most challenging students.
- Create a workable, consistent plan that can easily adapt and fit into your day... even if you feel there is very little time to fit in everything that is already required of you.
- Gain the confidence to teach the poses and exercises... even if you’re uncomfortable with the movements, don’t feel like a yoga role model, or generally feel "out of shape.”
- Discover ways to meet the entire class where they’re at... despite challenges with skeptical students who goof off or try and distract the rest of the class from the activity.
- Learn to present research and build strategies to convince parents, administration, and teachers that yoga and mindfulness can actually benefit children’s academic performance as much as their social emotional well-being...that way you can gain more buy-in and support from the major stakeholders in bringing yoga and mindfulness to children.
- See what’s possible by hearing from teachers in the field who have successfully brought yoga and mindfulness to their schools... that way, you can see what a school yoga program looks like in action and have the confidence to create your own!
SEE FULL CURRICULUM HERE: https://learn.kidsyogastories.com/courses/school-yoga-program-eg
School Yoga Program includes:
- STEP-BY-STEP: This self-study online program will walk you step-by-step through exactly what you need to organize, structure, and kick off a successful and well-organized school yoga program quickly.
- GET IT DONE: You’ll have access to video lessons, step-by-step documents, checklists, fillable templates, and resources, including access to our private, ever-growing school yoga community.
- VIDEOS & RESOURCES: 12 interactive videos (between 15-30 minutes) and loads of resources.
- CONVENIENTLY ONLINE: This program is self-paced and is available to access anytime within our private course/resource area. It’s conveniently available on any device and easy to use.
- OVERCOME OBJECTIONS: You will learn how to get buy-in from your administration, find creative ways to fund your program, and get your students on board. Examples of other programs are provided to help further provide insight and ideas.
- BONUS RESOURCES:
- Bonus resource guides will help with: getting buy-in from admin, parents, peers and students; classroom management and engagement; relevant academic research to share with others; and funding options and strategies.(Value: $650)
- READY TO ROLL: You will walk away with a comprehensive, customized plan in hand to confidently bring yoga and mindfulness to your classroom or school this year!
Get Started Strong Guides & Templates (value: $650)
In addition, you will receive several supplemental guides and resources that will help you on your journey to bring yoga and mindfulness to your school or classroom:
School Yoga Research Guide
If you need help selling the benefits of yoga and mindfulness to staff, administration, or parents, we’ve included the School Yoga Research Guide, which you can use and share. This guide provides the specific benefits and academic research that backs it up.
Get Buy-In from School Administration Guide
If you have struggled getting buy-in from your administration or suspect you’ll meet resistance when introducing a school or classroom yoga program, then Get Buy-In from School Administration Guide will help you successfully prepare to win over your school or district.
Tips for Managing Behaviors Guide
You know that behavior may be your biggest challenge to bringing yoga and mindfulness to your classroom—no worries! You will receive our Tips for Managing Behaviors Guide with tools, strategies, and ideas for dealing with students who have a difficult time staying still, spend more time acting out and talking than listening to the lesson, or insist on joking around and distracting others.
Tips to Engage Children Guide
If you already know that engaging children will be your biggest obstacle, then our Tips to Engage Children Guide will help you keep students’ attention and focus even when they think the lessons and exercises are funny and weird, tend to be distracted or distracting, or are worried what others may think of them.
Class Management: Top 20 Tips Guide
You might feel as though managing your classroom will prove challenging when introducing yoga and mindfulness to students—then be prepared with Class Management: Top 20 Tips Guide. We pulled together the top strategies and proven techniques from our community into a resource to help you feel confident managing students while introducing new concepts.
Find Funding for School Yoga Programs Guide
If you find funding perplexing and don’t even know where to start, then we have you covered with Find Funding for School Yoga Programs Guide. We queried our community and compiled the top ideas and strategies for locating, requesting, and procuring funding for your school yoga program.
Sample School Yoga Grant Application
To make it super easy for you to apply for available grants, we’ve included a sample grant application that you can simply fill in and send out. This template takes the guesswork out of knowing what to include and how to make a successful grant request.
School Yoga Program Template
If you’re feeling overwhelmed and can’t figure out how to pull everything together for your school yoga program, you will receive a template that will help you organize all the necessary details into one comprehensive document. Feel confident you have everything covered and planned within one handy document!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don’t practice yoga and mindfulness myself. Will this be a problem?
Definitely not! We hear this all the time, and this concern is one of the main barriers for teachers to get started. Please don’t let this stop you from bringing the benefits of yoga and mindfulness to children.
In fact, we have created a bonus course, Yoga and Mindfulness 101, that will help you begin to explore and develop your own practice.
Q: What age group is this for?
This is for all ages, because it's all about how to create your own customized school yoga program for your children's needs and preferences.
Q: How will I access this course? Is it easy?
Yes, it is super easy! You will be provided log-in access immediately upon purchase. This self-study course is easy to access through any device and is available once you log into our Academy site. All resources including videos, worksheets, workbooks, check lists, and more are contained within this easy-to-use learning platform.
Q: I’m hoping to get help covering the cost. What if I can’t get the funding in time during this sale?
If you are actively pursuing funding to cover the cost of this course, we will honor this sale. In order to do so, please send us a note and let us know that you are actively working on it. We will hold your spot (pricing and bonuses) for you. But please email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the sale so we know!
Q: I see you have offered a live "bootcamp" version of this program in the past. Will you be offering the School Yoga Bootcamp again?
Yes, we plan to offer the live/virtual three-day bootcamp again the summer of 2022. And this one will have even MORE juicy resources, additional guests, and so much more than this year’s bootcamp. Please keep an eye out for dates.
Q: I am very interested in designing a yoga club/activity across multiple sites and want to apply for a grant, too, to cover it. I understand the templates for a proposal are part of the overall package but are there any tips on things I should request (besides your curriculum) to get started?
Yes, we have two different modules to cover these topics:
- Budgeting – what kinds of things you could purchase for your yoga club (ex. props, resources), what other expenses you might incur, and how much money you’ll need
- Financial Backing – where are the places you could secure funding and sample proposals
This School Yoga Program was designed for exactly your type of situation where you have a group of children of various ages, needs, and backgrounds.
Q: I am looking to bring yoga into schools in the UK. I know once in it would be hugely beneficial and the kids absolutely love it, but it's getting in! I feel like this bundle that you are offering will help me achieve a more professional approach - in your honest opinion do you think the content of this bundle would work for schools in the UK? My budget is low and I have already invested in so much training, so I need to make sure it's right for the UK before I consider purchasing.
As a little background to see if this School Yoga Program is a good fit:
The course was designed for teachers, health practitioners, and school leadership on how to bring yoga to their schools/school districts. However, we also had kids yoga teachers join our live virtual bootcamp in the summer and they used the course to design their programs that they brought into the schools.
In the 3 modules (9 sections), we cover all the foundational concepts of why you want to teach kids yoga, what skills you’re targeting for your population, and how to engage children (the who, what, why, when, how). We have learned that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all when it comes to designing a school yoga program due to the diverse needs of each school community.
We also talk through how to budget for your program, what to buy, and how much money you’ll need. This then leads into where to find funding. We have several example proposals, including a couple from kids yoga teachers. For example, one kids yoga teacher relies mostly on outside funding to teach in schools, so that it’s free of charge to the school. There’s also a section on “buy-in” which has been useful to people trying to get into the schools as well.
Q: Last year I purchased Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day, and am using many of those resources. How is this offering different other than the 'bonuses' on funding, boot camp, resources etc?
The School Yoga Program is a completely different offering than the Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day.
The Classroom Yoga workbook is a done-FOR-you resource with 16 weeks of quick and easy yoga and mindfulness activities for Preschool to 2nd Grade. This is perfect for people who are looking to get started with sharing yoga and mindfulness with young children.
In contrast, the School Yoga Program is a done-BY-you 3 module (9 sections) course diving deeper into each of the obstacles that people face when putting together a school yoga program. The 4th module then has a step-by-step template for designing your customized school yoga program to fit the needs and preferences of your school community.
We ran this course in the summer as a live, virtual program, and we’ve just put it together as a self-paced course because we heard that educators in our community preferred to complete the course at their own pace in their own time.
We’ve found that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for school yoga because everyone has unique needs and backgrounds in their schools. We essentially co-created this course from feedback from our Kids Yoga Stories community. This course is the “teach you to fish” idea, so that you can create multiple programs/lessons for different uses.
For example, one of the modules is all about budgeting – where to find money and how to apply for funds.
Q: Do you think this program would be applicable for a homeschool co-op program?
We specifically designed this course from feedback from our community because people were wanting to create customized school yoga programs to meet the diverse situations and needs of their communities. The course takes a deeper dive into all the obstacles that people are facing, like understanding your purpose, the research, getting buy-in, and all the financials. I think the School Yoga Program would be a perfect fit for your homeschool co-op program – but maybe the best question is: what is your biggest challenge when it comes to designing/getting started with your homeschool co-op yoga program?
Q: Will I become a certified yoga instructor for children? I understand this takes many hours to accomplish is there professional credits as well?
This is not a kids yoga teacher training program, but a course to help you design your own school yoga program. Also, there are no professional credits or certifications involved in this program.
Q: How much does it cost?
As a member of our community, all you’ll pay is one-time payment of $197.
That's nearly $300 OFF the full price of $495.
PLUS, you’ll receive additional bonus that alone is worth $650!
Q: What’s the refund policy?
When you take advantage of this special sale today, you have a full 30 days to decide whether or not you want to keep it or return it for a full refund.
If, for any reason, you decide this resource is not for you, simply reach out, and we will provide a full, prompt refund. No questions asked. No hassles!
Graduate-level professional development semester credits/units!
Kids Yoga Stories is excited to offer you accreditation for our trainings through Courses4Teachers, a well -established organization passionate about helping teachers get credit for their training. Through a simple registration process, you will earn graduate-level professional development semester credits/units through the University of the Pacific. These credits are designed for teachers across the USA to gain salary advancement and/or renew credentials. They are transferable across districts nationwide.
All you need is a Certificate of Completion after completing any of the Kids Yoga Stories trainings below, and Courses4Teachers will ensure that your time and efforts are acknowledged.
SCHOOL YOGA PROGRAM: This program requires 60 hours of training. You may register for 4 units/credits.
Register here: https://courses4teachers.net/kids-yoga-stories/
For any questions, please contact Courses4Teachers directly at email@example.com.
We Also Recommend
Yoga & Mindfulness 101
School Yoga Lesson Planning Course
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: Preschool-2nd (Workbook + Video Series)
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: 3rd-5th Grade (Workbook + Video Series)