Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day - PLUS
Daily Yoga and Mindfulness Resources to help Kids Cope, Calm, and Connect.
Kids need yoga and mindfulness now more than ever!
This digital yoga and mindfulness bundle is a wonderful resource to easily integrate these much-needed practices into your classroom - whether it’s in-person, virtually, or a hybrid of both. And, to do so within just 10 minutes a day!
The ready-to-use bundle contains everything you need to do yoga in just 10 minutes a day for 16 weeks of the school year. It’s super easy to use. Just download, print, and play! And if you’re teaching virtually, you can easily share it online with your students and families!
"I used week 1 postures with my p1 class (age 5) this afternoon & they were fab, they loved it. Thank you for such a well planned resource, everything in the one place. " - Annie S
Yoga for just 10 minutes a day can:
- Provide you with a simple go-to resource that will help address the #1 issue upon returning to school… children’s social-emotional wellbeing!
- Ensure you have a regular tool each day to help your children breathe, calm down, and self-regulate… even when schedules are packed and unpredictable or learning is partially/fully at a distance.
- Teach children simple self-regulation and resiliency skills daily that you can easily incorporate into any classroom… without having to plan, think about it, or find new resources.
- Help children regulate their bodies and emotions… that way, they can manage the ups and downs that come with changes in the classroom, an unusual start to the school year, and the potential lack of a regular school routine.
- Provide fun, active indoor and outdoor activities that will keep your students moving and having fun… even if they’re asked to keep their distance from one another or you have limited space.
- Introduce movement activities in a fun, simple, and light-hearted way in the classroom … to get their wiggles out and help them focus on the next task at hand.
- Encourage healthy interactions and connections between children through group activities… even if children are asked to keep their distance from one another.
You will receive specific activities for each day of the week, themed under:
- Mindful Mondays: to get grounded for the week ahead through breathing and meditation techniques that teach kids how to be in the present moment
- Twisty Tuesdays: to become more body aware by trying new exercises and yoga poses that allow for exploration and promote positivity
- Wind-Down Wednesdays: to practice calming techniques that promote self-regulation and focus through age-appropriate mindfulness activities
- Theme Thursdays: to move, stretch, and challenge young bodies by practicing yoga poses based on fun and engaging themes
- Fun Fridays: to have fun and connect with one another through yoga games and partner yoga (when possible)
With so much uncertainty, this could be the most grounding force in your classroom!
Use these 10-minute activities as a springboard. Feel free to add other age-appropriate theme-related yoga poses, songs, breathing techniques, relaxation stories, meditations, art projects, and field trips.
Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day PLUS includes:
- Daily 10-minute yoga and mindfulness activity
- 16 weeks of themes to explore and discuss
- Colorful resources to print off or share virtually
- Detailed instructions and helpful tips to best bring this resource to your students
- 134 colorful pages to explore (Value: $29.95)
- Breathing Exercise Posters (Value: $9.95)
- Simple Meditations for Kids (Value: $14.95)
- Positive Affirmations for Kids (Value: $9.95)
- Calming Chair Yoga Posters (Value: $8.95)
- Yoga Moves for Transition Times (Value: $9.95)
- Calming Coloring Pages: Animals (Value: $8.95)
- Calming Coloring Pages: Yoga Poses (Value: $8.95)
- Mindfulness Cards for Kids (Value: $9.95)
- Yoga Coloring Pages: Garden Gnomes (Value: $8.95)
- Simple Yoga Sequences Book 2 (Value: $19.95)
- Simple Yoga Sequences Book 3 (Value: $19.95)
- DIY Yoga Games for Small Groups (Value: $8.95)
- Yoga Dice Games for Kids (Value: $9.95)
- Yogi Says and Other Easy Games (Value: $9.95)
- Yoga Card Games for Kids (Value: $9.95)
- Yoga Poses for Kids Cards (Deck 1) (Value: $12.95)
This resource is intended for children in preschool through elementary, but it can be adapted for other age groups.
Please note this is a digital download product and not a physical product.
This item is instantly downloadable, so you can share and print what you want, when you’d like it, and go!
Whether you choose the Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day Standard version or this heartier PLUS version with over $180 worth of additional supporting resources, you will explore new poses and mindfulness techniques daily all school year long!
- Help students adapt to the new school year with an easy and fun way to connect, slow down, self-regulate, and connect with their bodies and breath.
- Build rapport with students through simple, fun ways to interact, engage, and connect.
- Build community by doing yoga and breathing exercises together whether it’s in the classroom, at a distance, or virtually.
- Share resources with your families to provide them new tools to help their kids self-regulate, be active, and manage their day.
- Provide a new tool to build resiliency in children during challenging times.
- Great replacement for short recess time and close-contact circle time.
- Fresh ideas to manage transition times, morning work, and before packing up to head home.
- Be prepared with a go-to resource to help students calm down and relax when tensions get high.
- Have a quick-and-easy resource to help your kids get their wiggles out.
- Experiment with fun themes outside on a nice day, or use this as an indoor activity on a rainy one!
- Play yoga games to get everyone engaged, moving, and having fun.
Additional Kinds Words:
"I used the affirmations to give to my student at the end of the week as I was so proud of the way he used the yoga daily to self regulate. He is going into simple tree or horse positions to calm himself. Thank you" - Helen
"I teach elementary PE and use these resources daily. Right now, my rural school is face to face as we just finished week 4! Each week we use the themed yoga poses and mindful breathing. We also have a weekly positive affirmation. I have purchased many items and love them all." - Tammie F.
"Thanks a mil for this fab resource. I found that one particularly good also and I use it each day to try and ground the children a little bit before I let them off out the door. I have a massive mixture of age groups but everyone seems to get something from it. Thanks again." - Kay
"I'm a 1 to 1 teaching assistant with children with autism and i use the yoga every day. They don’t like colouring so i colour and they tell me how they are feeling or what the picture stirs up in them. I also play mindful music whilst concentrating on the core subjects. Love the resource, Thank you!." - Helen
"I do the daily exercises after lunch with my grade ones and twos and they really enjoy it. I like having it all laid out for me day-by-day, and my students have started to look forward to it too. Thank you!" - Milissa
"Our school has been back in for 5 weeks now, I am providing non class contact time in 6 different classes and have found the resource to be very useful. I have used the colouring pages when we have been rained off from our outdoor learning & PE sessions - primary 4/5 pupils loved the owl. I use the yoga poses as part of my PE sessions with primary 1 (age 4/5) through to primary 5 (age 9/10) and they all enjoy the sessions." - Annie
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of yoga for kids?
- Reduces anger, depression, and fatigue so that they can better manage the highs and lows of life now and long into the future
- Eases anxiety, stress, and tension so that they can focus on the positive aspects of life and lead happier lives.
- Improves stress management and teaches them healthy, productive ways to manage challenging tasks in school and tension-filled times.
- Enhances focus, attention, concentration, comprehension, and memory so they can better perform in school and other activities they enjoy.
- Provides opportunities for patience, reflection, and self-insight, thereby reducing problem behaviors.
- Increases resilience and coping frequency so that challenges and set-backs don’t derail them from their goals in life.
- Increases flexibility, strength, and balance increasing their self-confidence thereby promoting a healthy body-image and creating healthy habits around physical activities.
I’m new to yoga and/or to bringing yoga to children. Is this for me?
Absolutely. You don’t have to be a flexible yogi or even have any yoga experience to bring yoga to children. The resources in this bundle come with detailed instructions and teaching tips so you will have the confidence to instruct your children into the poses and exercises. All you need is curiosity and the willingness to learn. Great traits to role model for your children. ;)
Is there a physical version available for purchase?
This is a digital-only product and we don't have a physical version available at this time.
What do I need to know about downloading?
You will receive a zip file after purchase. You will need to be able to unzip the file using either Winzip or 7Zip which is often a standard application on your computer. Full instructions on downloading and opening zip files are available here: https://shop.kidsyogastories.com/pages/downloading-files-instructions
What ages are the yoga resources suitable for?
The resources in this pack target children ages 4+. However, our yoga resources can be adapted for various ages and developmental needs. Our yoga products are designed to act as springboards to other learning experiences suitable for any age.
Will I need a printer to access my digital products?
A printer is not necessary. You can view the products on any device. You can, however, print them out if you prefer. Find printing instructions for our digital products here: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/about-menu/printing-instructions/
I am not a techy. So by digital, you mean that I downloaded it and can then print it out?
You can either print them off (cards can be printed off as 3x5 or full size) or simply view them on your laptop, phone, tablet, or computer. It's up to you how you choose to use them.
How much does it cost?
If you purchased the STANDARD version that is a self-contained pack (one 134-page PDF) with 16 weeks of daily 10-minute activities you will spend $29.95. If you choose the PLUS version you will receive everything in the standard version plus all the additional resources listed. If you purchased all the items in the PLUS version individually, you would spend over $212! But during this special offer, you will only pay a one-time payment of $97.95.
What’s the parent/teacher’s role when using this bundle? Do I need to model the poses myself?
You don’t need to demonstrate the poses if you’re not comfortable doing so. The resources are designed as a wonderful visual tool and can be used, along with the written description, to effectively provide instruction to your children. You can print off the poses and share as hand-outs or simply use your computer, tablet, or projector screen to share the images.
Can I share these resources with fellow teachers and parents?
Will I receive anything in the mail?
This is a digital-only product, and you will not receive anything in the mail. We’re able to offer this incredibly low price because it is digital. You get instant access to all these resources to use/print when you’re ready. You can print off what you need when you’re ready to use it or have it on your mobile device or computer to use at a moment’s notice.
Is there a guarantee?
Of course! When you take advantage of this special sale today, you have a full 30 days to decide whether or not you want to keep it or return it for a full refund. If, for any reason, you decide this resource is not for you, simply reach out, and my team will provide a full, prompt refund.
We Also Recommend
Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day - Standard