SEL Starter Pack - Preschool-2nd Grade
As teachers, you have been additionally tasked with additional lessons revolving around SEL but sometimes you're just at a loss as to WHAT to do and share.
Well this handy pack is a great way to help your students with social emotional learning.
Learning to breathe properly allows children to self-regulate and prepares them to focus and learn.
Identifying feelings then finding new ways calm down enables children to approach challenges, situations, school work, and friendships in healthy ways.
Finding creative ways to connect with friends and peers promotes teamwork, cooperation, and acceptance of differences, while also providing opportunities to thrive in a group situation.
Through yoga and mindfulness, you can explore these three pillars of SEL and help children manage their bodies, minds, and relationships as they grow and develop. We’ve made it super easy for you to bring these concepts and exercises to children through our ready-to-use toolkit!
With the SEL Starter Pack - Preschool-2nd Grade, you will have everything you need to bring these effective yoga and mindfulness tools to your students on a daily basis... whenever it's convenient for you!
It’s super easy to use. Just download, print, and play!
Plus… we’ve made it EVEN easier for you with this done-for-you workbook.
SEL Starter Toolkit - Preschool-2nd Grade provides specific activities for each day of the week, themed under:
Breathe Mondays: to get grounded for the week ahead through breathing and meditation techniques that teach kids how to be in the present moment
Calm Tuesdays: to practice calming techniques that promote self-regulation and focus through age-appropriate mindfulness and yoga activities
Connect Wednesdays: to promote cooperation and teamwork by trying new partner and group exercises and yoga poses that allow for exploration
Move Thursdays: to move, stretch, and challenge young bodies by practicing yoga poses based on fun and engaging themes
Play Fridays: to have fun and connect with one another through yoga games and partner yoga
This toolkit provides:
- done-for-you daily schedule that gives you yoga and mindfulness movement, activities, and stretches to get kids interested and active
- tools and strategies to decrease stress and foster calm and focus
- new tools for managing big emotions or the everyday ups and downs
- fresh ways to connect with your kids through engaging activities
- creative strategies to teach resilience and boost self-esteem and self-confidence
- simple solutions to tame transition times both at home and at school
- (Value: $19.95)
THIS STARTER PACK INCLUDES:
1. SEL in the Classroom Toolkit - Preschool-2nd Grade
- Bring it All Together with a Daily Routine! This done-for-you workbook will help you easily integrate yoga and mindfulness into your student’s busy day. Four weeks of daily yoga and mindfulness activities based on the following themes: Breathe, Calm, Connect, Move, and Play. (Value: $19.95)
2. Breathing Exercise Cards for Kids (*New Design!)
- Take Time to Slow Down and Breathe Deeply. One of our best sellers, this card deck is the perfect way to teach children various breathing techniques. Taking a pause to practice a breathing technique might be just the thing students need to calm their minds and bodies during a busy day. By using fun and engaging visuals and clever exercises, you will have them—and maybe even yourself—breathing with intention and attention. (Value $9.95)
3. Calming Yoga Cards for Kids
Teach Kids to Find Focus and Stay Relaxed Through Movement. Calming Yoga Cards provide an engaging, safe, and creative way to help soothe your students while giving them valuable tools to do so on their own. Help them manage those big emotions and learn new tools to cope and thrive.
4. Partner Yoga Poses Cards for Kids
- Learn to Better Connect and Work Together. One of our most popular decks, partner yoga poses is a wonderful opportunity to teach cooperation and connection. These simple and fun poses encourage teamwork and can be used to demonstrate a variety of cooperative concepts. (Value: $9.95)
5. Growth Mindset Yoga Cards for Kids
- Teach the Concept of Growth Mindset in New and Active Ways! If you've been struggling to find a fresh way to teach students how to love challenges and be curious, then this deck is for you. Growth mindset is a valuable concept to promote self-esteem and a love of learning. Oftentimes it can be challenging to teach children that mistakes can be a learning experience. Growth Mindset Yoga Cards for Kids demonstrate these concepts through movement, activities, and play. (Value $9.95)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I already own a product or two in this bundle. Can I swap in another product?
First off, thank you for purchasing our products. We are super grateful! But sorry, no substitutions at this time please.
Will something be mailed to me?
This is a digital-only product, meaning you will be able to download ALL the resources immediately upon purchase. We’re able to offer this low price because it’s digital.
Is there a physical version available for purchase?
This is a digital-only product, and we don't have a physical version available at this time.
What do I need to know about downloading?
You will receive a zip file after purchase. You will need to be able to unzip the file using either Winzip or 7Zip, which is often a standard application on your computer. Full instructions on downloading and opening zip files are available here: https://shop.kidsyogastories.com/pages/downloading-files-instructions
What ages are the yoga resources suitable for?
The resources in this pack target children ages four and over. However, our yoga resources can easily be adapted for various ages and developmental needs. Our yoga products are designed to act as springboards to other learning experiences suitable for any age.
Will I need a printer to access my digital products?
A printer is not necessary. You can view the products on any device. You can, however, print them out if you prefer. Find printing instructions for our digital products here: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/about-menu/printing-instructions/
I am not a techy. So by digital, you mean that I download it and can then print it out?
You can either print them off (as 3x5 cards or full size) or simply view them on your laptop, phone, tablet, or computer. It's up to you how you choose to use them.
I'm new to yoga. Is this a good fit for me?
You don't need to have prior experience to do partner poses or yoga games. Every pose suggested comes with detailed descriptions, and the games are based on familiar family games. Simply have fun exploring these poses and games with your children.
We Also Recommend
40 Partner Yoga Poses Cards for Kids
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: Preschool-2nd Grade (Workbook Only)
Mindful Kids in 10 Minutes a Day: Preschool-2nd (Workbook + Video Series)