Winter Yoga Lesson Planning Pack
Done-for-you lesson planning for your yoga class or session.
In this handy pack you will receive everything you need to lead a comprehensive kids yoga class, including:
- List of materials needed
- List of materials provided (Winter Yoga Cards and Jenny's Winter Walk yoga book. See below for details)
- Opening exercise ideas
- Breathing exercise
- Warm-up sequence including 2 complete sequences to choose from with corresponding posters/handouts
- A choice of main lesson suggestions—yoga poses with posters and detailed descriptions, yoga cards (see below), a yoga game, yoga book (see below), and a list of other winter book ideas.
- Closing exercise ideas
- A variety of other ideas and suggestions (affirmation, art project, music, guided visualization, character education, and a list of 17 winter books to inspire you and your children)
Each session was designed to last between 15-45 minutes, depending on the needs of the children participating.
Age group: 3-8 years old
What's in Your Winter Yoga Lesson Planning Pack:
1. Winter Yoga Lesson Plan
This 28-page resources is chock-full of ideas, suggestions, and step-by-step instructions on how to create an engaging and cross-disciplinary yoga session. You will be guided through a 15-45 minute yoga session with plenty of ideas to draw on, including yoga pose sequences, a breathing exercise, a yoga game, a yoga book with corresponding video, additional winter book recommendations, arts and crafts ideas, and more!
2. Winter Yoga Cards for Kids
Learn about winter animals and snowy activities through simple yoga poses!
Stand tall like an Eastern moose, glide like a downhill skier and have fun doing snow angels.
Download these 53 winter digital yoga cards to learn through movement in your home, classroom, or studio. Includes an Index Card, Pose Instructions, 20 Yoga Pose cards, and 20 matching Winter cards. The yoga kids are multicultural from seven countries.
3. Jenny's Winter Walk
ACT OUT WHAT YOU SEE AND HEAR ON A WINTER WALK
Join Jenny as she meets various animals on a winter walk with her mom. Be a squirrel, a fox, and a bunny.
Discover winter, explore movement, and learn the five senses.
We Also Recommend
How to Get Started with Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom PACK (+ BONUSES)
Breathing Exercise Cards for Kids
Mindfulness Cards for Kids
Beginner Yoga Pack