Exploring Emotions in 10 Minutes a Day - Standard
Four ways to balance ten feelings through yoga and mindfulness.
How can we help children mitigate stress, anxiety, and depression and build resiliency during this chaotic time?
Unprecedented times require new tools and strategies to help our kids cope and manage their ever-expanding feelings and emotions.
We need tools that meet children where they're at.
Exploring Emotions in 10 Minutes a Day!
It will be your new daily check-in with your children to figure out how they’re really doing!
Children can visually identify their feelings and explore them through movement, story, and breathing exercises so you can gauge how your children are feeling generally and in the moment.
Exploring emotions for just ten minutes a day can:
- Ensure you have a routine for regularly checking in with your children’s emotional states… that goes beyond simply asking “How are you?” and getting a shrug or a scream.
- Help you work with your children around big feelings… even when they lack the words to express their feelings and emotions adequately.
- Provide you with a regular tool to help your children breathe, calm down, and self-regulate… even when schedules are packed and unpredictable or learning is partially/fully at a distance.
- Teach children simple self-regulation and resiliency skills that you can easily incorporate at home or in a classroom… without having to plan, think about it, or find new resources.
- Give children new tools to regulate their bodies and emotions… so they can manage the ups and downs that come with changes in routine, schooling, and schedules.
- Encourage healthy interactions and connections between you and your children and between peers or siblings… even if children are frustrated, short-tempered, or agitated.
"I'm teaching preschool at YMCA where I live and part of a Strong Challenge to work out for 20 minutes every day and the Y gives other suggestions/goals too...I have used your printables and they definitely help when the children get anxious during this difficult time with the pandemic. Thank you for your helpful resources." - Jean N
The list includes visual representations of 12 different feelings. Children can easily match their feelings with the pictures provided.
The 12 emotions included are:
- Emotional or overwhelmed
- Sad or lonely
- Needing to get my wiggles out
- Distracted or unfocused
- I’m going to explode
- Bad about myself
- Anxious or worried
For each emotion identified, there are 4 mindfulness and yoga activities to help your children explore, move, breathe, and work with their feelings:
- Yoga pose flows
- Breathing exercises
- Storytime videos
- Coloring pages
- and more
You will have 12 core emotions common to children of this age group to identify and work with, plus all the resources you need to explore these feelings in a fun and creative way.
Spark your imagination and get your kids to self-regulate, breathe, and move!
Please note this is a digital download product and not a physical product.
Interested in MORE? ... Check out our Exploring Emotions in 10 Minutes a Day PLUS with 22 additional mindfulness and yoga resources!
"Love this product. Our Dean of Behavior was amazed by how much participation I had—this group last year wouldn’t do anything during the day. So thank you so much for the awesome product. It is a game changer! " - Gayle L