Summer Yoga Lesson Planning Pack
Done-for-you lesson planning for your yoga class or session.
In this handy pack you will receive everything you need to lead a comprehensive kids yoga class, including:
- List of materials needed
- List of materials provided (Beach Yoga Cards and Luke's Beach Day yoga book. See below for details)
- Opening exercise ideas
- Breathing exercise
- Warm-up sequence including 2 complete sequences to choose from with corresponding posters/handouts
- A choice of main lesson suggestions—yoga poses with posters and detailed descriptions, yoga cards (see below), a yoga game, yoga book (see below), and a list of other Summer book ideas.
- Closing exercise ideas
- A variety of other ideas and suggestions (affirmation, art project, music, guided visualization, character education, and a list of Summer books to inspire you and your children)
Each session was designed to last between 15-45 minutes, depending on the needs of the children participating.
Age group: 3-8 years old
What's in Your Summer Yoga Lesson Planning Pack:
1. Summer Yoga Lesson Plan
This 31-page resources is chock-full of ideas, suggestions, and step-by-step instructions on how to create an engaging and cross-disciplinary yoga session. You will be guided through a 15-45 minute yoga session with plenty of ideas to draw on, including yoga pose sequences, a breathing exercise, a yoga game, a yoga book with corresponding video, additional winter book recommendations, arts and crafts ideas, and more!
2. Beach Yoga Cards for Kids
Have fun in the sun at the beach anytime of the year through engaging, fun, and simple yoga poses! Pretend to be a lifeguard, sea urchin, and a beach tent.
These 52 beach digital yoga cards include:
- Index Card
- Pose Instructions
- 20 Yoga Pose cards
- 20 matching Beach cards.
The yoga kids are multicultural from seven countries.
3. Luke's Beach Day
Join a yoga story Australian beach adventure.
Come along with Luke as he hops like a kangaroo, perches like a sea gull, and rests like a sea star on an Australian beach.
This storybook includes a list of kids yoga poses and a parent-teacher guide. Learn something new, explore movement, and have fun together.
We Also Recommend
How to Get Started with Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom PACK (+ BONUSES)
Breathing Exercise Cards for Kids
Mindfulness Cards for Kids
Beginner Yoga Pack